Everything You Need to Know About Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs)
I wanted to share this great article on the benefits of creating and implementing AMP pages to your mobile users.
By: Will Critchlow
You may have heard the term “AMPs” thrown around lately. What exactly are Accelerated Mobile Pages, what do they mean for search, and how can you prepare for it all? In this week’s British Whiteboard Friday, Will Critchlow and Tom Anthony of Distilled lay out all the important details.
Read the full article to find out more about:
- What is an Accelerated Mobile Page (AMP for short)?
- What makes AMP so fast?
- How this works in your mobile device
- Impact on the SERPs
- What can we do to prepare?
Additional Information and Resources
- g.co/ampdemo – Demo of what AMPs might look like in search results
- ampproject.org – The main project web page, where you’ll find a technical intro, tutorial, GitHub repository, and more
- dis.tl/amp-pages – Further information on AMPs and how they work