How to make Google Docs look and act like Microsoft Word
Watch: If you use Google Docs, here’s a quick tip for getting to your files faster from your desktop.
Do you ever find yourself stuck in front of a Microsoft Word doc, cursing its existence? If so, you’re not alone. Microsoft Word is the bane of many people’s existence, so we’re here to show you how to ditch it once and for all—by adding Google Docs to your desktop. That’s right, and you can say goodbye to MS Word and all its headaches by switching to Google Docs.
- First, head over to docs.google.com in Google Chrome
- Select the document that you would like to save.
- At the top right, there is a hamburger menu (three vertical dots).
- Click that and select “more tools.”
- Select add to the desktop, name your document, and ensure “open as window” is selected.
- The new file will be added to the desktop.
There you have it—a step-by-step guide on how to created a Google Doc file that opens in a window like MS Word. By making the switch to Google Docs, you’ll say goodbye to all the headaches that come with using MS Word—trust us, it’s worth it!
Make sure “open as window” is selected
Now your Google doc will open without a browser
Get Started Here
Request Your Free Proposal
Fill out this form for a completely FREE consultation with a marketing professional.
Resources And Blog Posts