6 min read
Use this guide to create a company Twitter Cover Photo for your page.
In this guide you will learn:
- The correct Twitter Group Cover Page size – Included In this guide is a Photoshop (PSD) And a .JPG version of the correct Group Cover Photo size.
- How the images are cropped on each device – Twitter crops each cover photo differently across different devices. Using this guide will save you a time and make sure your content isn’t getting cut off.
See the template in action – Watch this video for a quick demo on how to use the Photoshop template.
Download your DIY template here and make a stunning Twitter Cover Photo.
TWITTER COVER PHOTO SIZE JANUARY 2018: TEMPLATE
YOU MIGHT HAVE NOTICED THAT TWITTER RECOMMENDS UPLOADING A COVER PHOTO THAT IS 1500 X 500. WHAT THEY DON’T MENTION IS THAT SIZE GETS CROPPED.
We’ve spent a ridiculous amount of time recently figuring out the ideal dimensions for Twitter Cover, Profile, and Sidebar sizes. Googling it results in a mass of conflicting recommendations – mainly out-of-date.
According to Twitter , the ideal size is 1,500px by 500px, or 1.91:1 ratio. For most devices.
HOW DOES TWITTER CROP COVER PHOTOS?
Below is our 1500px x 500px cover photo. You’ll see Twitter displays the full image on mobile and crops the photo on a desktop. The shaded area in the middle is the safe area for all devices.
Desktop image crop example
Timeline image minimum (Displays 506 x 253)
Profile 400 x 400 recommended (Displays 200 x 200)
DIFFERENT SIZES FOR TWITTER COVER PAGES, PROFILE PHOTOS, AND IN-STREAM.
If all these different sizes aren’t driving you crazy yet. We thought we’d share how they render across Twitter.
TWITTER GROUP COVER PHOTO DIMENSIONS:
- Overall – 1500px x 500px
- Desktop – 1263px x 421px
- Profile – 400px x 400px
- Timeline image minimum – 506 x 253
For all the above create your image as 1500 x 500.
IMAGE POST GUIDELINES:
- Twitter post max image size is 1280 x 1920, and scales down in the news feeds to 500 x 750
- Images can’t exceed 10MB
- Animated GIFS must be under 1MB and maximum width is 500px
Get Started Here
Request Your Free Proposal
Fill out this form for a completely FREE consultation with a marketing professional.
Resources And Blog Posts